Saturday, October 22, 2011

Leighton + Dillon = The Winships 10.22.11

Even though I live minutes from Holly Springs, GA, I had no idea Rustix Manor even existed until Leighton's mom contacted me after I had done her brother's engagement session... this place BLEW ME AWAY! Being a private residence, the owners only accept a handful of events for the year and it was an honor to photograph on such a gorgeous piece of property! After getting over the glory of the setting, I knew it was going to turn out amazing once I laid my eyes on Leighton's dress! It was like none I had ever seen before, a fitted mermaid hidden beneath a shear & lace A-line overlay, so that only when the light hit just right you could see the silhouette beneath, BREATHTAKING! And then a bridesmaid's set of nude lace shoes... ooo.... long story short... I own the same pair now! I believe the only hitch of the day was that the bees were very attracted to her peach & green bouquet as well as the flowers in her hair, but outside of that the day was smooth sailing which was great because I was doing everything possible to keep my energy up since the very previous night I had shot the Donald wedding! The sun perfectly back-lit them during the ceremony and then afterwards there were so many shots of adoring glances from Dillon to Leighton that showed their love so evidently... and then always followed by a victory "fist pump" in the air! We snagged a few shots of the entire bridal party at the stables as well as the covered bridge, which was surprisingly easy considering that's 21 total people to coordinate and pose! Then a few impeccable shots on the dock with the fall leaves reflecting off the lake followed by their entrance into the reception pavilion and first dance in the open-air barn! As the sunset so did the temperature but everyone stayed warm either by enjoying the 10-foot wide bonfire pit or breaking it down dancing! This fun crowd kept the band jamming and gave me a taste of what kind of party to expect for her brother's wedding in December! Just before their exit, we snuck away to the "tree house" for a shot overlooks the entire reception scene as well and a neat pic of them in a "sparkler-wrapped" kiss!
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment