Saturday, December 3, 2011

Holly + John = The Paynes 12.03.11

 Having met these two and all their "moves" at the Wolf wedding, I knew this wedding was going to be one heck of a PARTY... and it did not disappoint! I'm not sure I have ever seen so many perfect dancing photo moments in one place! The day started out with the mishap of locking my keys in the car right when I arrived at the Wimbish House (reception site) to park my car there and then walk to the Loews Hotel where they were getting ready, luckily I already had my camera gear on my back so the locksmith deal would just have to wait until afterwards. The ladies all had a great big room to get ready in and I was able to add to my "abilities" list the task of putting in hair extensions for one of  the girls... every wedding has a first for my list! The guys were ready quick and then took the trolly over to Northside United Methodist, and then the ladies followed. Being a December wedding in Atlanta, it's COLD & WINDY and unfortunetly that also means an early sunset time. To keep with tradition, they did not want to see each other beforehand so we did a few pre-ceremony portraits outside and then made due with the sanctuary afterwards for the formal pics. The church limits photographers to the balcony which did make for some phenomenal shots with the dim lighting, but at the same time there are no ceremony close ups like the ones from John's sister's October wedding. The trolly carried us all to the Wimbish House for the reception which was beautifully decorated for the holiday season. Candles next to frames with pictures from their engagement session as well as back-lighting set the stage for some great ambiance... and it was time to party from then on! Complete Desire was the name of the band and they kept the whole place rockin' all night long, including some awesome Battle of the Sexes sing-offs! The best part about these two is that they go all out for sure and you can always tell when Holly is having a blast because of her signature open-mouth laugh!
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 

 
 

 
 


 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment